Monday, March 31, 2008

HP2

I had high hopes for this bike.
It's got a stonking new and light weight dual plugged fuel injected engine.
It's got real almost normal suspension....
It's almost normal looking.

But alas.
It sucked. The whole time I'm riding the bike I kept thinking
this think cost 20K. Man people must be stupid to pay that much for it.

Here's a brief lowdown on the bike I'm glad I don't like.
It's tall. The cylinder heads hit me just under my kneecaps I think I have bruises.
The side stand is way to low and this tall heavy bike is a son of female dog to get up and off the stand.
The suspension is wacked. It's way off.
Now mind you I didn't mess with it a lick.
but the forks had too little compression.
And the rear, well that was just like riding on a balloon.
And the vibrations.
Well lets just say it makes my guzzi feel like a gold wing.
Oh then there is the fact that the gas tank has less range then a sporty.

Whats good....
The roll-on at 60mph was kind of fun.

IN stark contrast I picked up my long term 919.
Wow! Can Honda put together a nice motorcycle.
Boring, transparent. But very very nice.
it's very much the new milk crate commuter.
And this bike fits that to a "T" with a massive top box.
It's the size of the boxes you used to see in the back of pizza hut trucks.

The bike while on it feels lots like a really fast really light CB900.
Which is good because that's what it really is.

The fuel injection is a touch snatchy but you get used to it quick like.

And the little fly screen (HAC) works really well.
I don't think you would need anything else for wind protection.

Look for more info once the new bike newness and giddyness wears off and the bike starts to wear on me.

No comments: